My First Week of Online Learning at Uni
This week marked the start of my online learning journey at Uni, and it’s been both exciting and grounding.
One of the biggest takeaways from my first week has been getting to know my teammates. At first, I was a little nervous about how we’d connect virtually, but I’ve already grown more comfortable talking with them, and I can honestly say—I really like this group. Having that sense of community makes such a difference, especially in an online setting.
A lot of the tips and reminders for successful online learning felt a little familiar to me since I’ve been working and learning remotely for years. Things like setting a schedule, minimizing distractions, and staying engaged are already part of my routine. Still, it was nice to see those ideas reinforced and to know that my school is intentional about supporting online students.
The highlight of my week, though, was diving into the industry paper assignment. I found myself more motivated than expected because it gave me a chance to really think about the type of work I want to do in the future. I’ve always been passionate about technology and education, and writing the paper helped me connect the dots between where I’ve been and where I want to go.
For those who don’t know me yet: I’m a software engineering student with a background in K–6 education. I love finding ways to blend engineering with learning—using code not just to solve problems, but to build things that truly make an impact.
Overall, week one left me feeling grateful, motivated, and excited for what’s ahead. I’m looking forward to continuing to grow with my team, working on meaningful projects, and sharing the journey along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment