Sunday, October 12, 2025

Week 6

 Capstone Discussion

    During our team meeting, we discussed possible ideas for our upcoming capstone projects. Each teammate shared a concept they were interested in pursuing. Cris shared his idea for a programming language translator that could help users learn new programming languages more easily by converting code between different languages. We all thought it was a creative idea with a lot of potential, especially for students and developers who want to expand their skills.

    I also shared a few ideas, including an Automated Attendance Data Entry System, a Roster Error-Checking Tool, and a Daily Enrichment Slide Generator. My teammates liked how each of these ideas focused on improving efficiency and reducing manual work for educators. We discussed which ideas would be the most realistic to build within the project timeline and which would have the most practical impact in a real-world setting.

    Overall, the discussion was productive and helped us think more clearly about scope, feasibility, and user needs. We plan to continue narrowing down our choices in the next meeting and possibly combine ideas to create a well-rounded and meaningful final project.

Week 6 Reflection

This week, I focused on both career development and preparing for my upcoming coursework. I worked on my cover letter and resume, which was a great opportunity to reflect on my career goals, past experiences, and the skills I want to highlight for future internships. Going through this process helped me think critically about how to present myself professionally.

I also spent time reviewing basic Java concepts to prepare for CST 338. While I am more familiar with C++, I noticed many similarities between the two languages, which made it easier to understand Java’s syntax and structure. This review helped me feel more confident about starting the course.

In addition, I explored the module on career development. I found helpful information on writing resumes and cover letters, and I watched a video on mock interviews. Since I have experience with coding interviews, it was interesting to see the video perspective and compare it to my own experiences. I also watched a video referencing the Cracking the Coding Interview book, which I have used in the past. It was nice to revisit concepts from the book and see how they were presented in a new context.

Overall, this week allowed me to reflect on my career direction, strengthen my preparation for future courses, and reinforce my knowledge of coding interview strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CST 338 Final Learning Journal

     It feels like this semester just started, yet looking back now, I can clearly see how far I’ve come since HW1. Revisiting my Hangman as...