Tuesday, November 25, 2025

CST 338 WK04

LDPM Project 1 Reflection

With whom did you work?

I worked with Cris.

What was your strategy for solving the assignments?
In terms of my strategy for working on LDMP, I first reviewed the Project Details document, focusing on the UML diagrams. The diagrams provide a high-level view of the system and what needs to be implemented. I began by creating stubs for all the classes and establishing their relationships according to the diagrams. Once the class structure was in place, I worked on implementing the constructors.

My next goal was to get the test file to run. The test file initially had many issues because the methods had not yet been implemented. I gradually created a "skeleton" for the methods across all classes until the test file could run without errors.

Once the test file was runnable, I carefully examined the tests to understand their setup, teardown, and what each test was validating. I prefer to start with constructor tests, since constructors need to be correctly implemented before other methods. I then focused on the setter tests, followed by the getters.

My approach was methodical: I took one test at a time, implemented the corresponding method to pass the test, and then moved on to the next. I continued this process until all tests were passing and the required logic was fully implemented.

How would you change your strategy having worked on the assignment?
I would pay closer attention to the Project Details document, as it contained key information on how to set up variables and methods (static, void, etc.). I also want to spend more time familiarizing myself with the color coding and symbols on the UML diagrams to make class relationships and dependencies clearer from the start.

According to your classmate(s): how well does your code follow the Google Java Style Guide?
Overall, my code follows the guide well. I did have some in-line annotations that I need to avoid; moving these comments above the relevant code would make it more consistent with the style guide.

Did you know you can automate applying some of the style guide rules?
I did not know that. It seems like a useful way to save time and maintain consistency, so I want to explore that in the future.

What was the most challenging part?
The most challenging part was setting up the class relationships correctly according to the UML diagrams. Ensuring that the interactions between classes were accurate required careful attention.

What was the most interesting part?
The most interesting part was seeing the tests run successfully once the skeleton methods were implemented. It was satisfying to see the structure I built come together and pass the tests one by one.

What are you the most proud of?
I’m most proud of my systematic approach to tackling the project by breaking it down into stubs, skeleton methods, and then full implementations. This allowed me to stay organized and eventually pass all the tests.

How did you celebrate completing the assignment? If you didn’t, how will you celebrate?
I celebrated by taking 2 days off from looking at assignments. This helped me feel more refreshed and ready to tackle the next set of assignements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CST 338 Final Learning Journal

     It feels like this semester just started, yet looking back now, I can clearly see how far I’ve come since HW1. Revisiting my Hangman as...